Different instance of Chrome on remote machine- test failure

Ask general questions here.
MatthewBrown

Different instance of Chrome on remote machine- test failure

Post by MatthewBrown » Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:03 pm

Background info – windows 10, latest version of chrome, Ranorex(8.1), remote agent, chrome extension.
I have a remote machine with it’s own monitor, that is constantly logged in, and never locks, running remote agent. When running the test on my own machine, it starts its own chrome window, and executes tests on that chrome window. But when I run it on my remote machine, it opens a chrome window, but will not run on that chrome instance (it fails to find the DOM). But if I manually start a chrome instance on the remote machine it will run on that. Any ideas? I have spoken to support about it, but am still waiting on that.

In task manager, the manually and automated version of chrome appear as two different instances. In addition, the cookies, zoom, and favorites icon appears in the manual version, but not in the automatic version. I have uninstalled and reinstalled chrome, but no change. I have tried starting chrome through different methods, open browers, process.start(c#) with no luck. One idea that I had was that I needed to start it as my user, but for some reason it is not accepting my credentials, so I’m working on that.
Two ways I have tried.
Process.Start("chrome.exe", "url");
Host.Current.OpenBrowser("url", "chrome", "", false, true, false, false, false);
Any thoughts much appreciated!

MatthewBrown

Re: Different instance of Chrome on remote machine- test failure

Post by MatthewBrown » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:18 pm

After trying some things out, I finally tried logging in as an admin to run the tests, and it worked! Not sure why, but it's now working.