Displayed text is different then Caption shown in Spy

Ask general questions here.
alpesh.dhakad

Displayed text is different then Caption shown in Spy

Post by alpesh.dhakad » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:02 am

Hi,
Displayed text is different then caption shown in Spy.
When I have used Ranorex Spy to identify objects then displayed text is different then caption identified via Spy.

But when we screenshot then retrieved screenshot is correct but caption property is incorrect.
I have also checked with development team and they have not created any code like this. For other rows it is displaying properly.

Could you please check why is it like this as many of my scripts are failing due to this ?

Refer attached snapshot and screenshot.
Let me know if you need any other information in this regard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Displayed text is different then Caption shown in Spy

Post by odklizec » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:30 am

Hi,

I've checked the snapshot and there is indeed something weird about the way Ranorex reads this table. If you check that particular row (with wrong text/caption), and you select entire row, it shows no screenshots, unlike other rows. So it looks as if the table reading is somehow corrupted?
Table_Rows.png
I think this kind of issue is something that must be checked directly with the app and by Ranorex folks? I would suggest to create a support ticket and request a remote session with Ranorex folks. There is most probably nothing anyone here can do or suggest. Definitely not without examining the app.

PS: I see the table is WPF based, so what you can try is to change the WPF Legacy/ UIA Interaction settings and check if the cell is recognized correctly with different settings?
WPF_modes.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration