DO I need to upgrade the agent if I upgraded Studio?

Ask general questions here.
dmconsulting1

DO I need to upgrade the agent if I upgraded Studio?

Post by dmconsulting1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:36 pm

I just upgraded to the 9.3.1 Studio but haven't changed the agent yet. I am currently unable to push tests to the agent now. It shows as connected, but the publish step doesn't ever complete and the test doesn't run. I tried from the command line and from studio, same results.

The agent is also tied to the TFS build server and is still working there just fine. Do I need to upgrade the agent and force everyone else to upgrade to 9.3.1 as well? I mean, they should upgrade anyway, but still.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: DO I need to upgrade the agent if I upgraded Studio?

Post by Support Team » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi dm,

When upgrading Ranorex to 9.3, you will also need to upgrade the agent to 7.1.0.

Cheers,
Ned

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Thanks Ned. I upgraded the agent and still can't seem to push to it. I removed and readded the agent from Studio, still not working.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:40 pm

Do you include the runtime package with your test? If not, you will also need to update Ranorex itself to 9.3 on the machine so that the test is using the same version of Ranorex as the machine you built the test on.

If you continue to experience issues, please provide any warnings or errors at the bottom of the agent test results window when trying to execute the test on the agent (example below).
1.gif
1.gif (36.72 KiB) Viewed 126 times
Regards,
Ned

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:24 pm

I thought I had copied the runtime package, but I am copying it again now.

I'm not getting any errors, its just not ever publishing. I will retry once copied and update you on the results.