Doubt about identifying Flash Objects

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
Mourasman

Doubt about identifying Flash Objects

Post by Mourasman » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

Hey guys,

Is there any reason why I can't see any elements on this page, for example? It is a full Flash page and all I can see on Ranorex Spy is the "FlexObject" with no children.

A weird situation also happens on this site. I can see the FlexObject and its children, but when I highlight them, they're all misplaced.

Does this have anything to do with Flash obfuscation or something?

Best regards,
Mourasman

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Doubt about identifying Flash Objects

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi,

Which Ranorex and Browser version are you using and are you getting a Ranorex technology limitation warning if you spy the elements?
Are you using the preloader or another instrumentation like the automation lib?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Mourasman

Post by Mourasman » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Hello,

I'm using Ranorex 3.2 with Internet Explorer and I ran the Instrumentation Wizard.

I noticed recently that the same doesn't happen with Chrome, which leads me to believe that it may be something related with the Flash Debug Player for IE...

Best regards,
Mourasman

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Hi,

The first page is a game and it seems that this is special secured and therefore you cannot find catch the elements. You see the native window class with the chrome browser, because we explicit add this to the dom object of spy, but we don't add this to IE.
On the second page this seems to be a special movie-clip of blizzard, but we will take a look to it and we try to fix the element recognition.
Is there a special case why you test this both sites or are these sites just random sites?

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Mourasman

Post by Mourasman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply!

No specific reason for testing them, just random investigation. I've seen Ranorex working perfectly with Flex elements, but I'm having a lot of issues on Flash animations like those I've posted. Is this all related to them being "special secured"?

Here's another example (I actually needed this one working for a project): http://www.alert-online.com/pt?tv=on

Most of the elements are misplaced, like the Scroll Bar, for example. And also, when i change my screen resolution (to have it working on a projector), it starts clicking way off where it should be clicking...

EDIT: I've been doing some further investigation regarding the resolution change issue and I've found out that, in my case, Ranorex is locating the element as if it was on the previous resolution. For example: If I change the resolution from 1440x900 to 1280x720, the Screen Coordinates change, not to match the new resolution but the old resolution. This can be easily tested using a Virtual Machine and having your physical machine running on the base resolution. I've also attached the snapshots of the same object in both resolutions (This is an easily testable object: "/dom[@domain='www.alert-online.com']/body/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/div/flexobject/container/container[6]/container/scrollbar[@id='bar']")

Best regards,
Mourasman
Attachments
1280x720.rxsnp
(222.8 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
1440x900.rxsnp
(399.42 KiB) Downloaded 300 times

Mourasman

Post by Mourasman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hey guys,

Is there any update on this issue? I really need to solve this ASAP, preferably without having to resort to image recognition or hardcoded coords...

Best regards,
Mourasman

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late response. I talked to the related developers and it seems to be a geometry bug in our Software. We will check the bug and we try to fix it. We will release a fix with the next version of Ranorex.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

Mourasman

Post by Mourasman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm

Thank you very much for the reply!

Mourasman