Drag&Drop Recording is not working with webdriver

Bug reports.
MarkusMeilchen

Drag&Drop Recording is not working with webdriver

Post by MarkusMeilchen » Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:41 pm

Hi,

I am using Ranorex Studio 8.2.0 for automated testing of our WebApplications written in JavaScript. We are using the JavaScript framework Sencha ExtJs 6.5.3. Because we must also support the MicrosoftEdge browser, we have configured the Ranorex Webdriver Integration in the Ranorex Studio.

Our WebApps have several Drag&Drop-Operations included, and when I record a Drag&Drop-Operation with the Ranorex Recorder, the test ist working fine, when I play it in the local endpoint environment. But the test is not working, when I play it in the Selenium webdriver environment, because the Drag&Drop operation is not executed at all.

You can test it with the Drag&Drop-Test-WebPage of Sencha: http://examples.sencha.com/extjs/6.5.3/ ... #drag-data. I have attached my Test-Solution DragAndDropTest.zip, where you can verify the problem. There are two reports in it, one successful report with local endpoint and one failed with webdriver endpoint.

Please can you tell me, what I have to do to get the test working with webdriver? Thank you for your efforts.

Kindly regards

Markus Meilchen
(Softwaredeveloper LeuTek GmbH)

OS-System Windows 7
Ranorex Studio 8.2.0
Browser: Chrome 68.0.3440.106
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

McTurtle

Re: Drag&Drop Recording is not working with webdriver

Post by McTurtle » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Hi Markus,

Drag and drop does not work on Endpoints as recorded on a local browser. You need to use Selenium API for that. Attached is a sample that contains a module that uses Selenium API in this way.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,
McTurtle
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.