Dropdown not seen as a dropdown?

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
dmconsulting1

Dropdown not seen as a dropdown?

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:43 pm

I have some dropdown boxes on a section of this desktop app. Others are fine, but this config page seems different. I am trying to use Set Value and it says it isn't supported.

Here is a snapshot of the Model field. There are 2 options for this field, "Sejong.Fusion", and "Sejong.Fusion - sim". All my other dropdowns (that I know of) work as designed. I have a variable that sets it based on the test data. Help?
Attachments
modelDropdown.rxsnp
dropdown snapshot
(607.7 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

Vega
Certified Professional
Certified Professional

Re: Dropdown not seen as a dropdown?

Post by Vega » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:25 pm

Have you tried using set value on the combo box? The snapshot was pointing to a cell item itself, so not sure if that is the element you are trying to set value on.

Code: Select all

/form[@controlname='MainForm']/container[@controlname='toolStripContainer1']/container[@controlname='contentPanel']//form[@controlname='Pages']/?/?/container[@controlname='administrationPages1']/?/?/tabpage[@controlname='Inventory']/?/?/table[@controlname='itemGrid']/row[@accessiblename='Row 0']/?/?/combobox[@accessiblename='Editing Control']
Looking at the snapshot, I would try setting the attribute Text or AccessibleValue. You can also ask the developers of your AUT why this control is different than ones you have encountered thus far.

Hope this helps

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:17 pm

Interesting, I am able to see the Model combobox (attached) but the others only see the cell.

Here is what I have that worked, but Spy only sees the cell of the others fields not matter what I have tried. This UI is pretty bad.

invemtoryCbx.png
invemtoryCbx.png (9.08 KiB) Viewed 139 times
Attachments
modelCbx.rxsnp
(682.48 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:24 pm

Model combobox xpath:
/container[@controlname='toolStripContainer1']/container[@controlname='contentPanel']//form[@controlname='Pages']//tabpage[@controlname='Inventory']/?/?/table[@controlname='itemGrid']/container[@controlname='editingPanel']/combobox[@controltypename='DataGridViewComboBoxEditingControl']

Fusion combobox xpath:
/container[@controlname='toolStripContainer1']/container[@controlname='contentPanel']//form[@controlname='Pages']/container[@controlname='esiControlStack']//tabpage[@controlname='Inventory']/?/?/table[@controlname='itemGrid']/row[@accessiblename='Row 2']/cell[@accessiblename='Value Row 2']

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:18 pm

So after the xpath webinar, I am still only seeing it as a table with values, not as drop down boxes. Is it an issue with the UI? Or am I doing something wrong?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. It's either the way the UI is built, or it's somehow related to the way Ranorex recognizes the elements in this UI? My guess is "A" ;)

At first, please try the most recent Ranorex 9.3.1. Debugging this kind of issue in an outdated 9.2.0 makes no sense. At next, try to track the problematic combo boxes with MS Inspect tool. If Inspect recognizes your UI the same way as Ranorex Spy, then there is most probably nothing wrong with Ranorex element recognition and it's really the UI itself.

Also, try to play with Ranorex Settings, particularly MSAA settings (try to disable Winform filtering).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:33 pm

Ok, upgraded to 9.3.1 and now nothing works. I just created a support ticket, thanks. Not sure what changed, but now none of my repo items exist, so yeah.

dmconsulting1

Post by dmconsulting1 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:38 pm

Ok, using Inspect, I can see it as a combo box. So why doesn't Spy see it that way?

How found: Focus
hwnd=0x0000000008A115E2 64bit class="WindowsForms10.COMBOBOX.app.0.189441b_r6_ad1" style=0x56000243 ex=0x0
Name: "Editing Control"
ControlType: UIA_ComboBoxControlTypeId (0xC353)
LocalizedControlType: "combo box"

Spy sees it sometimes, I guess.

/form[@processname='DrillApp' and @visible='True']/container[@controlname='toolStripContainer1']/container[@controlname='contentPanel']//form[@controlname='Pages']/container[@controlname='esiControlStack']//tabpage[@controlname='Inventory']/?/?/table[@controlname='itemGrid']/container[@controlname='editingPanel']/combobox[@controltypename='DataGridViewComboBoxEditingControl']

But other times, not so much.

/form[@processname='DrillApp' and @visible='True']/container[@controlname='toolStripContainer1']/container[@controlname='contentPanel']//form[@controlname='Pages']/container[@controlname='esiControlStack']//tabpage[@controlname='Inventory']/?/?/table[@controlname='itemGrid']/row[@accessiblename='Row 0']/cell[@accessiblename='Value Row 0']

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid, I don't have a clue? If Inspect sees it as combo box and Ranorex don't, then it's definitely something Ranorex folks should check? But this would require, at very least, a remote session with you so they can analyze the problem directly with the UI and Ranorex Studio. But they may eventually need access to the app in question.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration