Duff code samples

Ask general questions here.
stapes

Duff code samples

Post by stapes » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:19 am

I am trying to work through the code samples given in your User Guide.

Unfortunately, those I have tried so far seem incomplete, and do not compile.

For instance, in the sample: Create a List of Adapters From a Repository Element, 'EnabledButtonsInfo does not exist:

'AgileMobileApp.AgileMobileAppRepositoryFolders.AgileMobileAppAppFolder' does not contain a definition for 'EnabledButtonsInfo' and no extension method 'EnabledButtonsInfo' accepting a first argument of type 'AgileMobileApp.AgileMobileAppRepositoryFolders.AgileMobileAppAppFolder' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) (CS1061) - C:\Users\stephen.staple\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\AgileMobileApp\AgileMobileApp\CreateListOfAdaptors.cs:54,28

Could you please supply code to complete this sample?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Duff code samples

Post by odklizec » Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:29 am

Hi,

As I just mentioned in another your post (here), these code samples are just general samples how to use some methods. You need to adapt them according your repository. Apparently, the EnabledButtons element is not available in your repository? So you need to replace the EnabledButtons with an existing element. Then at the end you should simply add "Info" part. "Info" part of the element name is not something you will see in repository. But you should see it via Ranorex Code Completion feature.

A more detailed description of the item Info object can be found here:
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... html#c3197
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration