During test execution i'm getting this message LineageGulerule 'chrome_web_child_elements'

Ask general questions here.
Noah

During test execution i'm getting this message LineageGulerule 'chrome_web_child_elements'

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:42 am

Hi All,

I'm executing a testcase in Ranorex version 9.0 with but suddenly I could able to see some message in the test execution console

"LineageglueRule 'chrome_web_child_elements' caused KeyNOtFoundException on the execute."

I have no idea about this exception message Does anyone know how to solve this issue ?

attched in the screenshot of the error.
Attachments
Ranorex Execution Message.JPG
"LineageglueRule 'chrome_web_child_elements
Ranorex Execution Message.JPG (31.34 KiB) Viewed 270 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: During test execution i'm getting this message LineageGulerule 'chrome_web_child_elements'

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:26 am

Hi,

It’s an internal Ranorex error and usually, it’s harmless. But it may eventually slow the speed of execution ;) I would suggest to wait for upcoming Ranorex 9.0.1 (released hopefully soon) and if the problem persists with new version and new Chrome plugin, I would suggest to contact Ranorex support, via their support form. But I think they will need a reproducible web page sample. Hope the 9.0.1 will fix it for you? ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Noah

Re: During test execution i'm getting this message LineageGulerule 'chrome_web_child_elements'

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:16 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Bu FYI, I haven been already upgraded to ranorex 9.0.1 and also this issue happens only with the chrome browser not with the Firefox browser.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Please check the version of chrome extension. Eventually, try to uninstall and install it back via Ranorex instrumentation wizard.
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Noah

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:31 pm

Ranorex Automation Chrome Extension version is 1.2.6

Chrome Extension screenshot Attached .
Attachments
Chome Extension.JPG
Chrome Extension
Chome Extension.JPG (46.05 KiB) Viewed 238 times

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:42 pm

Hi Noah,

This message is almost always a red herring and can be disregarded. If you let the test finish, is there a failure or any warnings in the Ranorex Report? If not, then this message in the progress dialog can be ignored. If you are able to reliably reproduce the issue on a publicly accessible page, we will be happy to further investigate this.

Cheers,
Ned

Noah

Post by Noah » Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:41 pm

Hello Support Team,

I have upgraded to Ranorex 9.0.1 Version but still i'm facing this progress dialog error.I'm not getting any warnings or failures in the test report summary but what bothers me is execution speed it too slow impacting the efficiency of the test case and in fact what surprised me is I'm not getting this when I executed test cases in the Firefox browser.

Server stack trace:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Ranorex.Plugin.MsgHostDom.GetFrameElementFrameId(NpPtr elemId)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Object[]& outArgs)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Ranorex.Plugin.IDom.GetFrameElementFrameId(NpPtr elemId)
at Ranorex.Plugin.ChromeWebFlavorElement.get_FrameElementFrameId()
at Ranorex.Plugin.ChromeWebChildrenRule.Execute(GlueRuleExecutionState state)
at Ranorex.Core.ElementEngine.ApplyGlueRules(Element element, GlueRuleExecutionStateImpl state, Boolean includeRemotes)
2019-04-17 14:28:21.705| INFO|Ranorex.Report|User: Login to ITTE Admin Application successful ranorex
2019-04-17 14:28:21.792|DEBUG|Ranorex.Plugin.ChromeWebFlavor|Add dom for: 3080990
2019-04-17 14:28:21.837|DEBUG|Ranorex.Report|Plugins: LineageGlueRule 'chrome_web_child_elements' caused KeyNotFoundException on Execute. The given key was not present in the dictionary.
2019-04-17 14:28:21.837| INFO|Ranorex.Report|LineageGlueRule 'chrome_web_child_elements' caused KeyNotFoundException on Execute. System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:08 pm

Hi,

I've experienced the very same problem and what helped me was complete uninstall of Ranorex, creating new user profile in Chrome and deleting old one and install of Ranorex. The problem was definitely caused by Ranorex plugin in Chrome. Sadly, someone else reported that this workaround did not help him...
lineagegluerule-chrome_web_child_elemen ... tml#p53984

BTW, are you testing Angular-based web? Because I'm testing Angular app and the other poster experiencing this issue too. So there may be a connection?
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration