Editing a control in spy throws a message

Ask general questions here.
murthyksvr

Editing a control in spy throws a message

Post by murthyksvr » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:52 am

when click edit on any control in repository, the following warning message "Failed to load assemblies containing the definition of this control. UI element identification capabilities for this control are limited" is displayed. Another warning message "the control was recognized as a winforms .NET 1.1 control.if this application targets the .net framework v1.1, then please ignore this message.

krstcs

Re: Editing a control in spy throws a message

Post by krstcs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:22 pm

Please, ALWAYS include the following when you are raising an issue:

Ranorex version
Windows version
Technology of system under test (SUT) (HTML, Java, Flash/Flex, WPF, WinForms, etc.)
Ranorex SnapShot (not a screenshot!!) of the element(s) in question
RanoreXPath of the element(s) in question

In addition, please be more specific about what you were trying to do and what your exact actions were to cause the issue.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

murthyksvr

Post by murthyksvr » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:22 pm

Ranorex version : 6.0.1
Windows version : Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
Technology of system under test (SUT) (HTML, Java, Flash/Flex, WPF, WinForms, etc.) : Win forms, developed using c# ( visual studio 2008)
It's a medical application with CT images. When track any control using spy/ edit elements in object repository below mentioned warning messages are displayed. And also it takes time to search for the control and highlight it. Due to compliance, I can't share snapshot details.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 27, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi murthyksvr,

Unfortunately I'd need to analyze the problems directly on your machine. Therefore, it would be great if you could get in touch with me by email ([email protected]) to arrange a remote session.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
Markus (S)