Element can spy but not be clicked

Bug reports.
guy2001

Element can spy but not be clicked

Post by guy2001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:27 pm

Hi Ranorex people,

i have here a problem with ranorex. when i spy the element it will be highlight but when i play my record the test fail at this position.

here is the path:
element/element[@controlid='1']/element[@controlid='12' and @visible='True']/element/element[@controlid='59648']/element/element/element[@controlid='59664']/element/element/element[@controlid='12' and @visible='True']/element/element/container/container/element[@controltypename='BarDockControl' and @instance='0']/element/toolbar/text[@accessiblename='Statisch']
I sent you a image.

I will be very happy to recieve some helps of this problem, because all people in my team don't know to manage it.

thank you in advance

Edit by Support Team: Use code tag for better readability
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Element can spy but not be clicked

Post by Support Team » Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:56 am

Hello guy2001,

Thank you for reaching out to us in regards to your element issue.

Are you able to provide an error message from your report where the test failed because of this element? I would need to review the error message before I can make a suggestion. A screenshot of the error is fine as long as all of the error message text is visible! It would also be awesome if you are able to provide a Ranorex snapshot of the element as well: https://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gu ... pshot.html

I hope this message finds you well!

Regards,

Jon

guy2001

Post by guy2001 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:49 am

Hi Jon,

i'm happy to read you. i sent you a Ranorex snapshot of the error.

i'm welcome your answer.

thank you in advance

Guy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:55 am

Hi guy2001,

Thank you for the reply.

That snapshot was very insightful but I'm still not quite sure what behavior you are seeing with that specific mouse action. Does the test fail to find the object? Does the test try to click but the application does not respond? Does the click miss the object entirely? It is usually best to share a copy of your report which has the exact behavior within the test run. If needed, you can learn how to share your report here.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

I hope this message finds you well!

Regards,

Jon