Element could not be found

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
RobinHood42

Re: Element could not be found

Post by RobinHood42 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:43 am

Hi,

May I ask which technology your application under test uses? (Ranorex Snapshot). It is likely that some Ranorex settings got restored or something similar.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,
Robin 8)

heyici

Element could not be found

Post by heyici » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:08 am

Hi all,

I have been using ranorex few months without problems but now I have one issue.

When I want to run test it starts without problem but then nothing happen and it will timeout on first item because it can find it.

When I try to edit the item there is a red warning sign with message:
,,No elements found for current selection.''

After some googling I tried this things:
Set Use Cache to false.
Disable option Enable app folder caching in settings.
Clean and rebuild project.

This didn't help so I tried to rediscover items using ranorex View Spy function but only thing I found there was application title bar with min/max/close buttons and no other items of my application and when I tried to record new test ranorex was unable to find items in my application just those min/max/close buttons and top title bar of application.

The thing is that my colleague (now on vacation, can't reach him) was doing something with project folder and after that it stop working. It looks to me that now ranorex is unable to locate items of tested application due some files missing (which should help ranorex to locate items) but that is just my assumption.

So the question is that is there way to make ranorex rediscover those elements?

Thanks

// EDIT:
I tried to create whole new solution and try to record new test but still unsuccessful. It seems that ranorex can not identify elements in tested application, just top title bar with min/max/close buttons. Any suggestions?
------
Ranorex: 6.0.1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by heyici on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

heyici

Post by heyici » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 am

It is using GTK+ for Windows.
Yeah it looks like something was set to default setting

RobinHood42

Post by RobinHood42 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:05 am

Hi,

First of all Rx 6.0.1 is outdated and no longer supported by Ranorex. I would highly recommend updating Rx to the latest version, currently Rx 7.1.0.

Furthermore, please try to add your application under test's process to the GDI capturing list: GDI

Cheers,
Robin

heyici

Post by heyici » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:09 am

Hi,

adding to GDI list helped and it works perfectly now! Thank you very much you saved my ass :D