Element Not Being Identified

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
sukhmeet032795

Element Not Being Identified

Post by sukhmeet032795 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:41 am

https://postimg.org/image/5qcy3nkif/

I have two queries.

1) I have a table which is made up of Cells. Each cell consist of Text, Filter and a pin button as can be seen in the image. I want to click on "Filter" Button(shown by the Blue Boundary), so that i can customize the menu. Ranorex is not identifying the filter as a separate entity/object. I want it to recognize the filter as a separate entity. Ranorex is just able to identify the cell and its InnerText but not filter. How can i achieve this?

2) On Double Clicking at the boundary between the two cells(indicated by Red Boundary), the former cell expands. I tried the click function with various adjustments in order to click at the boundary but was unable to make the click function work at the boundary. How can i automate my application so that click occurs at the boundary and not before or after? I am trying to write UserCode module for the same.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Element Not Being Identified

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:51 am

Hi,

Could you please upload a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element(s)? Screenshot is unfortunately not helpful here.

If Ranorex is not able to detect the button as an individual element, then it's most probably because the element has not properly implemented accessibility. But it's hard to say what exactly is wrong and how to achieve what you want without Ranorex snapshot or even better a sample app.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks for the snapshot. Unfortunately, the control in question is a part of Infragistic Grid control. This control (and some other Infragistic controls) makes the identification of some of its elements problematic (due to the lack of proper accessibility implementation). Basically, there is not an easy way to identify elements you want in this 3rd party grid control. You will most probably have to use something called InvokeRemotely, as mentioned here:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/read-a-tex ... tml#p38563

Eventually, the easiest way to identify and click the "filter" button could be using image-based recording.

Check also the forum posts discussing Infragistis Grid control:
http://www.ranorex.com/search.html?q=%2 ... %20Grid%22
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

sukhmeet032795

Post by sukhmeet032795 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:17 am

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I can't help myself relating how to use InvokeRemotely specific to my testcase. Can you help me in this?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:27 am

I'm sorry, but I can't help you with InvokeRemotely. Lucky for me, I was not yet in a need to use it in my projects. I only know such possibility exists, but I have zero experience with it ;) Anyway, I think in your particular case, it would be better to use screenshot-based automation (just for the 'filter' control).
Pavel Kudrys

• Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

sukhmeet032795

Post by sukhmeet032795 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:44 am

Hey,

Haha thanks for the suggestion, i tried InvokeRemotely for my case but even i would prefer screenshot based. Thanks a Ton!!!! Cheers