Element Recognition Problem on Remote Test Machine

Bug reports.
corissa

Element Recognition Problem on Remote Test Machine

Post by corissa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Environment:
Two machines, FSQA and FS23:
FSQA, Windows 10 pro, Running Ranorex 7.1.1 with the latest runtime version (SS attached)
FS23, Windows 10 Enterprise, running Remote Agent v2.0.7-6e01397a (Test machine)

Both machines recently updated, with Ranorex 7.1.1 on FSQA and the new Remote Agent msi on FS23
----
Behavior:
FS23 cannot run tests while FSQA can. Details below.

I can run tests on FSQA just fine, from the beginning. I have received multiple Ranorex Exceptions (sent to the Support team via the automated reporting tool) in Ranorex and have attached the data from that as well.

When I attempt to run tests on FS23, it does not recognize the login form for our software. This seems odd, as it recognizes it on FSQA. The element is there in plain sight, and when I track it with the Ranorex Spy on FSQA, all the data seems to be up to date. I can't track it with the Spy on FS23 because we only have a Runtime license on that computer. You can see in the SS that Ranorex can't find the login portal, though it is right there.

Another problem is that I can't snapshot the Remote Agent, which is behaving strangely, so please keep in mind that the snapshot attached is for FSQA which can run tests successfully.

I have attached errors from the Remote Agent, a SS of the Failure, the Ranorex Exception that occurred, and a snapshot of the Login form on FSQA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by corissa on Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

corissa

Re: Element Recognition Problem on Remote Test Machine

Post by corissa » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:45 pm

Here are the other attachments with the Ranorex Exception and the Ranorex Remote Agent errors from yesterday and today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Element Recognition Problem on Remote Test Machine

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:50 pm

Hello Corissa,

Thank you for posting this topic in the Ranorex forum.

As stated in support communications this issue requires first uninstalling all Ranorex software, restarting the computer is important, and then reinstalling Ranorex studio and the Agent making sure that the versions are correct for each. It is also important that the correct version of Agent is used for the respective version of studio.

This is an ongoing support topic, so if anything relevant to this issue is discovered outside of the normal fix for this type of issue as shown above, then it is likely there will be another post to list that information here. If no follow-up post is made, then it is likely the above instructions resolved this issue.

Sincerely,

-- M. Kendall McIntosh
Automation Support Engineer