Element tracking very slow on local machine

Ask general questions here.
jack

Element tracking very slow on local machine

Post by jack » Tue May 29, 2018 10:29 pm

Hello,

When executing a test directly from Ranorex Studio (8.1) on my local machine, the tracking of elements on a webpage are very very slow (can take up to minutes if I allow the test to wait that long). However, when running the same test on a virtual machine through Jenkins, element tracking is very quick and smooth. My issue exists across browsers. Has anyone experienced an issue like this? Or are there steps I can take diagnose my problem? Sorry that this is not a very specific question.

Thanks

bowang616

Re: Element tracking very slow on local machine

Post by bowang616 » Wed May 30, 2018 3:48 pm

I have the same issue on my local machine. It doesn't take minutes to track elements but certainly is very slow (up to 30 seconds). Haven't tried it in a virtual machine yet but it is a very frustrating performance issue.

Also when I'm recording, key sequence action is very slow. After I finish typing and waiting for a while, the first letter appears and gets recorded. Sometimes it is so slow that multiple key sequence actions get created because Ranorex thinks I am typing multiple times or something.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Element tracking very slow on local machine

Post by odklizec » Thu May 31, 2018 9:34 am

Hi,

If I understand your problem right, the problem is with the speed of element identification (during test runtime), not actually tracking them with Spy?

Could you please share an example of xpath you have a problem with? And Ranorex snapshot (NOT screenshot) would help too. Also, are you using some kind of antivirus on desktop, which may be not installed on VM?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration