embedded repository

Ask general questions here.
shoby

embedded repository

Post by shoby » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:13 pm

Hi,

Can some body answer of these 3 quesition.

1. a not embed ranorex repository can be used by more then one recording module.(Y/N)
please explain the reason.

2. can some body recording a test scenario is already running application.
(here what is the meaning of already running application) and what is the anserwe(Y/N)

3. message logged in a report cannot be filtered by its report level.(please explain the asnwer.

thanks
rami

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: embedded repository

Post by odklizec » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:08 am

Hi Rami and welcome here,

1) Embedded repository is stored directly in recording module and therefore it can be used just by this recording module.

2) Of course, you can record actions in an already running application. Simply press "Record" button and record whatever actions you want in whichever application you want. But keep in mind it's not wise to record entire test scenario within single recording session! You will end up with quite messy and potentially long module, which needs to be cleaned up and possibly even split to several modules.

3) I'm not sure I understand this one? Report filtering seems work fine for me? But no, there is no way to filter individual action rows logged in report (if you mean that).
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

shoby

Post by shoby » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Hi,

thanks for your answer.

1.could we embedded more then one repository in the recording module.(recording modules has the limit of repository).

2. question:message logged in a report cannot be filtered by its report level.(please explain the answer.
This is little bit confusing for me also. This quesition is at the sample question of ranorex.

If ranorex team read this article please publish right answer for these 10 sample quesiton if somebody attempt they know where they are wrong and correct thereselves.

thanks]

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Hi shoby,

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide the answers of the sample certification because they are part of the real test.
Furthermore, this demo should give you the chance to test your Ranorex skills and illustrate the procedure of the real certification.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sincerely,
Matthias