Encountering debug assertion in olelock.cpp while clicking with ranorex

Ask general questions here.
hghesani

Encountering debug assertion in olelock.cpp while clicking with ranorex

Post by hghesani » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Hi

I am using ranorex to perform a button click for an application written in mfc. I notice the following debug assertion pop up :

Program name: Myexe.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\olelock.cpp
Line: 62

Abort, retry, ignore.

I cant share more information. But the same button click works manually, however with ranorex I get this assert. Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks
Harsh

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Encountering debug assertion in olelock.cpp while clicking with ranorex

Post by odklizec » Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:50 am

Hi,

Sadly, without additional details (like snapshot of the problematic element), it's impossible tell what's wrong and suggest a cure? All I (or anyone here) can suggest is to check, if you are using most recent Ranorex versions (8.3.3 or 9.0). Sadlym 9.0 currently faces some post-relase issues so it's probably better to stick with 8.3.3 for now until 9.0.1 release). If you are using something older, please update your Ranorex first. If updating (downgrading) to 8.3.3 does not help, I think your only other hope is to contact Ranorex support (via their support form) and request a remote session with them, so they can evaluate the problem in realtime and eventually suggest a solution.

Oh yes, and there is one more thing you can try, which is replacing Mouse Click action with PerformClick action. But this is something I would not recommend in a general scale. This action should be used with caution, because it may not trigger mouse click events, eventually assigned to the element in question! ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration