Error Analysis

Ask general questions here.
mghali

Error Analysis

Post by mghali » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:35 pm

I keep receiving an error that says that

Could not write to output file 'file path')- 'The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. ' (CS0016)

Urgent need!!

krstcs

Re: Error Analysis

Post by krstcs » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:30 pm

That means that the file is being used (open) by a process other than the one you are using. You cannot manipulate (edit/delete) a file that is in use by another process. Google search for CS0016 and you will find a lot of information about the error.

Check that the file is not open in an editor, by another process, etc., and close it before attempting to write to it.

Without more information it is difficult to help any further.
For example, you don't tell us anything about what you are trying to do, what software environment you are in, whether this is a Ranorex issue (and if so, what version of Ranorex), you don't provide a code example, etc.

If/when you have an issue, please provide ALL relevant information in order to save time and allow everyone to fully understand the situation.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

mghali

Post by mghali » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:54 pm

I am using Ranorex 5.0 trial version. And using a software created in .NET and C#.

I am recording tests cases, and when trying to build a solution it does not let me do it with is error. The surprising part is that I am not running any file in use with the test else where. I am unable to analyze if the error is because or Ranorex or the software I am using.

It takes for me to restart my computer to work around the error.

It is not for a particular code, it is a error that pops up all of a sudden when I record and build solution for play back.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:58 am

Hello mghali,

I’m afraid that the issue is not directly related to Ranorex. That aside, please try to re-install the Microsoft .NET Framework (if you are using Ranorex Studio at least Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service pack 1 is required). Additionally please ensure that all software prerequisites are correctly installed as well. For further information, please visit: http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... ments.html

Regards,
Robert