Error Connecting Mobile Device to Ranorex Studio

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
abhishek salvi

Error Connecting Mobile Device to Ranorex Studio

Post by abhishek salvi » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:52 am

Dear All,
I am evaluating the trial version of Ranorex test automation tool. For this I have installed Ranorex Studio on my laptop and service183.apk on my Android phone. When I try to connect my phone to the Ranorex studio, my phone is somehow not detected in the available devices list. I did the below steps without any success:
1. Tried connecting mobile phone using USB in Debugging mode (with all the settings mentioned in Getting started document).
2. Tried connecting Mobile phone using Network mode of Ranorex Studio.
3. tried to Manually list the phone using its IP Address.
I am attaching the error which I see when I manually add the phone and try to Connect to it.
Can someone please help me in setting up the connection between my Android device and Ranorex Studio?
Ranorex_Manage_Device_Issue.jpg
Thanks,
Abhishek.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error Connecting Mobile Device to Ranorex Studio

Post by Support Team » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:11 pm

Hi Abhishek,

I’m afraid I’d need more information about your system to analyze the problem in more detail.
Therefore, I’d like to arrange a short remote session with you. May I ask you if you could contact us by email to discuss the next steps?

Regards,
Markus (S)

abhishek salvi

Post by abhishek salvi » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:49 am

Dear Markus,
Thank you for your reply!

I emailed the problem to Ranorex support Id and right now I am in contact with Mr. Martin Schloegl. I will update the thread when the issue gets resolved.

Thanks,
Abhishek.

Hema

Post by Hema » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:58 pm

Hi Abhishek,

Have you solved your problem. I got the same problem, If you solved, pls guide me to solve this issue.

Kind Regards,
Hema

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:44 pm

Hello Hema,

The issue was that the mobile device was not within the same network as the Ranorex machine.

Sincerely,
Robert

Hema

Post by Hema » Wed Dec 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your information.

Is there any way to test a website on a mobile device, without RXBrowser?

Kind Regards,
Hema

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:00 pm

Please ask new questions in new threads. The topic of this thread should not be muddied with other topics.

In addition, that question has been asked and answered numerous times. Please use the search function to make sure someone hasn't already answered your question before posting.

In answer to your question, no. Ranorex cannot instrument other browsers, which is required for Ranorex to identify and manipulate elements on the web page.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

abhishek salvi

Post by abhishek salvi » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:59 am

Dear All,

As Robert rightly mentioned the error was due to mobile device and laptop (Ranorex Studio) were not in same network and hence the error. Once you get your devices on same network you can easily connect the two and start your testing.
In case getting the devices on same network is not possible then set-up a mobile hotspot (in Android device) and connect your laptop to this hotspot. It works faster and without any restrictions.

Thanks,
Abhishek.