error handling

Ask general questions here.
ujjayini

error handling

Post by ujjayini » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:45 am

Hi.i'm using ranorex for the first time. how do i select which errors to ignore during playback when comparing baseline and actual images?any help would be greatly appreciated

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: error handling

Post by Support Team » Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Hello ujjayini,

I am afraid that I don't understand your question correctly.
If you want to continue an action in cases of an error please read the section "Continue On Fail and Disable" in our user guide.

Regards,
Bernhard

ujjayini

Post by ujjayini » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:38 am

suppose i am setting up a test case to automatically empty a recycle bin. i press record. i navigate to recycle bin. i right click mouse button.select empty recycle bin. press stop on recorder. i play back. i get error because recycle bin is empty already. how can i change settings on the tool so that when the tool goes to recycle bin it does not fail just because the recycle bin is empty?i'm using ranorex 5.0.1.17706. machine name mw7ji04llmvi30 .net runtime version 4.0.30319.18444

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Hi ujjayini,

I think the problem is that after the click on the "Empty Recycle Bin" option a message box is shown.
DeleteFile.jpg
If you run the test and the message box is still available Ranorex cannot set the focus to the Recycle Bin.
If you close the message box Ranorex should be able to find the element.

Regards,
Bernhard
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.