Error "No connection could be made..."

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
gilbar16
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Error "No connection could be made..."

Post by gilbar16 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Using Genymotion, I added a new device to emulate a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.
Each time I highlight and click on the new device, I get the error "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. 192.168.19.101:31000".

What is the main cause and solution to avoid this error?

Thanks.
Gilbert

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11709
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: Error "No connection could be made..."

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:58 pm

Hi Gilbert,

Unfortunately it is hard to analyze the issue without having detailed information. Therefore, please let me know which version of Ranorex and Operating System you are currently using.
Please also post a screenshot of the error message because I'm not exactly sure which application throws the error.

Thank you.
Regards,
Markus (S)
.
Image

lucian.teodorescu
Posts: 82
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:58 am
Location: Bucharest

Re: Error "No connection could be made..."

Post by lucian.teodorescu » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:48 am

Hi Gilbert,

For me it doesn't look like a Ranorex issue.
The port 31000 is quite strange, at least for me. Did you check if your virtual device is listening that port? Usually it is a lower port, in my case 5555 (which is default).
Run adb devices from command line and see what port is listed for that specific IP.
Also, please check if you have other than default network settings in genymotion (in settings>network default is all blank).

Other solution:
- Try disable WindowsFirewall for a while to see if helps.

I hope this helps you to find the cause and solve that issue.

Cheers,
Last edited by lucian.teodorescu on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucian Teodorescu
NetSun Software

gilbar16
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Re: Error "No connection could be made..."

Post by gilbar16 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:57 pm

Thanks for all your suggestions.
After rebooting and restarting both Genymotion and Ranorex and making sure the IP Address matches what Genymotion is showing on the screen, the "No connection" issue went away.

Thanks again.
Gilbert

BTW: After further investigation, the thing that actually made the connection successful, was doing the Instrumentation via Ranorex. What we did is follow the second option which is to download and copy the RxBrowser from http://bitly.com/mArchive and the version we noticed somehow is not as expected.
When we did Update Ranorex Service followed by Install RxBrowser from the Ranorex Instrumentation Wizard, the device (Samsung Galaxy Tab, for example) we were trying to connect to in Genymotion finally connected successfully.