error on run record after machine crash

Ask general questions here.
dman

Re: error on run record after machine crash

Post by dman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Noticed that now, when I re-load the solution (restart Ranorex) code is also gone

dman

Post by dman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:49 am

oh c'mon - had an extra { (did some copy-paste) - shouldn't the GUI already warn about this sort of small things? and why did I get to the point of test run with an extra bracket? what if I miss another one - shold I expect my code to go bye bye again? unacceptable!

support, please help!

All the best!
D.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 am

Hi,

In general it is not a good idea to copy all the code from one module to another.
What are you exactly trying to do, if you want to use/copy a recording you have to
add an “Existing Item” to your project or copy just the important parts of your original module.
In order to analyze the issue in detail it would help us if you could send us a step by step description of the actions which lead to this problem (and if this also happens with the actual Ranorex version, odklizec)?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

dman

Post by dman » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Hi,

As I mentioned "some copy-paste" I ment some copy paste i.e. 1-2 lines of code in the same module; I did no copy paste of full modules (why would I?).

I don't have a step by step desciption - as the first time it only happend once in a while (could not observe any pattern) and second time it just happend all the time (as I found the extra } at the end of a method).

What happens (on your installation) when in (in a more complex method) you have a missing { at the very beginning of the method or a extra } at its end?

All the best,
D.
p.s. I have the latest 3.3.2 version installed

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:53 am

Hi,

There is just an error which states that a bracket is missing ("} expected (CS1513)").
We are not able to reproduce it on one of our machines, therefore I asked if we could schedule an online meeting.
Did you install Ranorex with the setup.exe file?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

dman

Post by dman » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi Markus,

I did install using the exe file.
Let's set the details regarding the online meeting over e-mail. I have back-ups and I can show you how it happens.

All the best,
D.

dman

Post by dman » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:14 pm

Just to have closure

the result of the online meeting with support: problem was caused by the fact that my code was written (in a recording's _UserCode.cs) before the recording's "public partial class" - the extra / missing bracket was just the trigger. Workaround, when writing classes in the UserCode.cs file of a recording... write them after the "public partial class", or even better don't add any classes in those files in the first place.

fix will follow (according to support) in a future (next?) version

all the best,
D.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting the workaround for the problem.
At the moment I cannot tell you when the fix will be released, but you will find a note in the release notes when it has been released.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team