Error parsing solution file on a Citrix VDI

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
kdreiling

Error parsing solution file on a Citrix VDI

Post by kdreiling » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:50 pm

I have recently migrated all of my test suites to a VDI machine on our Citrix environment. When I download the test suites from TFS 2015 and rebuild those that were downloaded to my C:\ drive. I get the following compile error on any suite that I build. Has anyone seen this issue before? Could I be missing current update on my Citrix desktop?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex\Studio\Bin\AddIns\Misc\PackageManagement\NuGet.exe" restore "Optamum_Regression_Library.sln"
MSBuild auto-detection: using msbuild version '16.5.0.12403' from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Professional\MSBuild\Current\bin'.
Error parsing solution file at C:\Ranorex\Optamum_Regression_Library\Optamum_Regression_Library.sln: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. The project file could not be loaded. Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Build.Framework, Version=15.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Ranorex\Optamum_Regression_Library\Optamum_Regression_Library.sln
Exit code 1

Stub

Re: Error parsing solution file on a Citrix VDI

Post by Stub » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:03 am

Have you got the .NET Framework v4.6.2 Development Tools installed?

kdreiling

Post by kdreiling » Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:58 pm

This is what is installed for 4.6.2.

MS .NET Framework 4.6.2 SDK
MS .NET Framework 4.6.2 Targeting Pack
MS .NET Framework 4.6.2 Targeting Pack (ENU)

I have VS2015 and VS2019 installed, but am working out of VS2015. I'm wondering if there could be a conflict having both installed, or if I should get everything converted over to VS2019, or if that could have anything to do with this issue. I'm just taking a shot in the dark.

Thank you

kdreiling

Post by kdreiling » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:01 pm

As I continue researching this issue. There is some indication that this issue has to do with having VS2015 and VS2019 installed on my desktop and the automation helpers.

I have recently been switching everything over to my VDI which is much more powerful than working from my laptop. I find this error odd because I have 2015 and 2019 installed on my laptop and I don't get this error. At any rate, I'm still not certain how to resolve this issue. Hopefully the link below will shed more light as to the cause, and one of you experts can offer suggestions.

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/7621