Error when clicking Run

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
etsipan

Error when clicking Run

Post by etsipan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Hi all,

I have noticed a minor issue that has recently started happening with a button in Ranorex.

There are two Run buttons. One in the Test Suite and one in Studio. Whenever I click on the Run button in the Test Suite, I get the attached error.

Ranorex report error.png
Ranorex report error.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 144 times
Ranorex buttons.png
Ranorex buttons.png (21.97 KiB) Viewed 144 times

I'm not really sure what the error is telling me to do. The button has worked fine up until a few weeks ago. I have other Ranorex projects where both buttons work fine.

I know it's such a small issue and I can use the other Run button or F5, but ever since I started using Ranorex, this is the button that I've used, and so my natural instinct is to click on it. But then I remember that it doesn't work and end up smacking myself on the head. :lol:

Any help would be appreciated.

Ranorex version 8.2.1
Windows version 7

Thanks,
etsipan

McTurtle

Re: Error when clicking Run

Post by McTurtle » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello etsipan,

These buttons don't do the same.

One is the button for running the module and the other is the global run button.

The error is not known to me. However, please do check the differences between the run buttons as described in the Ranorex user guide and it will probably make sense to you why the button fur running the module triggers the error and why the global run button does not.

Please do let me know if the issue is clear. Else, since the error appears right at the start of the test-execution you could just post the compressed Ranorex solution and I can take a look.

Regards,
McTurtle

etsipan

Post by etsipan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Hi McTurtle,

Thank you for your reply. I now see that the buttons are different and do not mean the same thing. However, I still cannot figure out why one doesn't work.

I don't know if this helps but I'm actually trying to run it from the test suite, and not the recording module (See the screenshot from my first post).

I wouldn't mind if you take a look at my solution but do not feel very comfortable posting it here. Can I send it to you privately?

Thanks,
etsipan

McTurtle

Post by McTurtle » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:36 pm

Hello etsipan,

Yea, you can send it to me privately. Send me some download link for Google Drive or OneDrive or something like that via pm.

Regards,
McTurtle