Error While Loading Test Suite

Bug reports.
armstronghm24

Error While Loading Test Suite

Post by armstronghm24 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:02 pm

I am getting an error when attempting to open the test suite within my test project. The test suite file exists and it is in the same location it has always been in.

"Can't load file testsuite.rxtst under xxx.
Check the file permission and the existence of that file."
See attachment for screen shot.

Any thoughts on how to resolve?
Attachments
Ranorex Error.PNG
Ranorex Error.PNG (8.05 KiB) Viewed 854 times

asdf

Re: Error While Loading Test Suite

Post by asdf » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:52 pm

It would be great if you could post the complete exception in here. Just click on "Show Exception" and copy the whole text in this dialog into the forum.
This should give us more insights.

LQuartier

Post by LQuartier » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:06 am

Did this Error Occur after Upgrading to Ranorex 7.X from a previous version? (6 or lower)

I got an Error like this after Upgrading to 7.X. Sometimes, to test only a small part of a Test case i created a little Nested Test case and put the part i wanted to test into there. On Occasion, i even created a Testcase INSIDE a Setup/Teardown for this reason.
When the Testsuite was upgraded to 7, those Testcases (i forgot to remove them) were automatically turned into Smartfolders. However, While Testcases inside Teardown Blocks were kind of okay, Smartfolders inside a Setup/Teardown were apparently an illegal State. Downgrading to 6.X, Removeing all Testcases that are inside Setup or Teardown Blocks and then Upgrading the Solution to 7 Fixed the error for me.

tejas.deshpande

Post by tejas.deshpande » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:57 am

I am getting a similar error and following are the exception details:
Ranorex8-ExceptionDetails.PNG
Ranorex8-ExceptionDetails.PNG (57.84 KiB) Viewed 678 times
This is blocking my work.
Any help would be appreciated.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:06 pm

Hi tejas.deshpande,

It appears your *.csproj file has been manually modified to use a "Wix.CA.targets" MSBuild target file.

Try to remove this import from the *.csproj file as it is not required by default in a Ranorex solution. It will look similar to the default target imports below. Remember to back up your solution prior to making any changes.

Code: Select all

<Import Project="$(MSBuildToolsPath)\Microsoft.CSharp.targets" />
 <Import Project="$(RanorexTargetsPath)" Condition="Exists('$(RanorexTargetsPath)')" />
I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned