Error while requesting tooltip for location

Bug reports.
christof

Error while requesting tooltip for location

Post by christof » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:01 pm

Hi.

I am having a problem with Ranorex Studio 3.1.0.13946 when in debug mode and having set a breakpoint.
During the debugging, if I hover the mouse over any of the lines of code prior to and including the breakpoint, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Ranorex has encountered an unexpected error

Error while requesting tooltip for location (Line 834, Col 6)

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Not enough storage is available to process this command. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070008)
  Debugger.Interop.CorSym.ISymUnmanagedVariable.GetName(UInt32 cchName,UInt32& pcchName,IntPtr szName)+0xffffffff
  Debugger.Wrappers.CorSym.ISymUnmanagedVariable.GetName(UInt32 cchName,UInt32& pcchName,IntPtr szName)+0x0
  Debugger.Wrappers.Util.GetString(UnmanagedStringGetter getter,UInt32 defaultLength,Boolean trim)+0x1a
This has only recently become an issue since upgrading to 3.1.0

Platform: Windows 7 Professional 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error while requesting tooltip for location

Post by Support Team » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi,
christof wrote:I am having a problem with Ranorex Studio 3.1.0.13946 when in debug mode and having set a breakpoint.
Thank you for posing us the bug report. Would it be possible to post us a short description how we can reproduce this issue? I tried it in many different ways, but I wasn't able to get the exception. Maybe it depends on your specific project or on one specific line of code.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team