Error with license server

Bug reports.
PolDoc
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 am

Error with license server

Post by PolDoc » Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:28 pm

Hello,

I recently got into trouble running test cases in Ranorex, it only send a report right after the execution with a single line being :
The License Manager 'SERVEURV10' was contacted, but no suitable license was available. Please add additional licenses to your License Manager or wait until licenses become available.
ServeurV10 was the old computer working as a server for Ranorex but we changed it for a real server. In Ranorex studio I verified"Help->Licensing" too see if the new server was indicated but the server was the good one.

Since I can't find any solution I would like to know if someone already had a similar problem or know how to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

User avatar
Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 11963
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:30 pm
Location: Graz, Austria

Re: Error with license server

Post by Support Team » Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Hello PolDoc,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your licensing.

Please provide the below information for further analysis:
  • Does this happen in a new blank solution?
  • What version of Ranorex Studio?
  • What version of Ranorex license manager?
In the meantime, please try performing the below steps within your solution and let me know if this helps:
  1. Check to see if you have licensing information stored within your solution settings (Settings --> General Tab --> "Include/Remove license information button)
  2. Remove the license information if it is present
  3. Build --> clean solution
  4. Build --> Build solution
  5. Try running the test
Here is the setting from step 1:
forum88.png
forum88.png (27.35 KiB) Viewed 86 times
I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Jon
.
Image

PolDoc
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:17 am

Re: Error with license server

Post by PolDoc » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:20 am

Hello Jon,

I am using Ranorex Studio 9.1.1 and License Manager 9.1.0.

I tried what you said and it seems like it now works by removing/including license information in project. Seems like the old server was the one for the solution there.

Thanks for your quick reply.