excel form test

Ranorex Spy, Recorder, and Studio.
paracelsus

excel form test

Post by paracelsus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:42 am

Hello, again!

I'd like to test an excel form which calculate a price. But after the recordind, I try to run this, and get the followning error message:

Ranorex.ElementNotFoundException: Failed to find item 'FormEXCEL' within the specified timeout of
5000ms. ---> Ranorex.ElementNotFoundException: The folder 'FormEXCEL' was not found within the
specified timeout of 3000ms. at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoGenBaseFolder.GetFolderElement
(Boolean& isCached) at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoGenBaseFolder.CreateAdapterForPath[T]
(String itemName, String path, Duration searchTimeout, Nullable`1 useEnsureVisible) --- End of inner
exception stack trace --- at Ranorex.Core.Repository.RepoGenBaseFolder.CreateAdapterForPath[T]
(String itemName, String path, Duration searchTimeout, Nullable`1 useEnsureVisible) at
posta_excel.posta_excel.posta_excelRepositoryFolders.FormEXCELAppFolder.get_FormEXCEL() in
C:\Documents and
Settings\bbako\Desktop\posta\posta_excel\posta_excel\posta_excel\posta_excelRepository.vb:line
170 at posta_excel.posta_excel.Recording1.Start() in C:\Documents and
Settings\bbako\Desktop\posta\posta_excel\posta_excel\posta_excel\Recording1.vb:line 39 at
posta_excel.posta_excel.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and
Settings\bbako\Desktop\posta\posta_excel\posta_excel\posta_excel\Program.vb:line 32

What's the proble? Can I test excel form? Is it possible?

paracelsus

excel form test

Post by paracelsus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:59 am

Please answer me, because depend on this that we will buy the Ranorex!

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:32 pm

Could you please post the path of the "FormEXCEL" object in your repository? I assume that an attribute of your excel form changed, e.g. the title of the Excel worksheet.

Try spying the Excel form with RanorexSpy again and check whether the path is the same as the one displayed in your repository for the "FormEXCEL" object.

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

paracelsus

excel test

Post by paracelsus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:00 pm

I have tried to spy but it get the same error again.

paracelsus

repository

Post by paracelsus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:39 pm

In my Repository:

Public Overridable ReadOnly Property FormEXCEL As excel_testRepositoryFolders.FormEXCELAppFolder
Get
Return _formexcel
End Get
End Property

paracelsus

excel test

Post by paracelsus » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:57 pm

Ranorex dont find the element. I think the problem is that this element is a listbox and ranorex open it, but dont know to choose elements.

paracelsus

excel test with office 2003

Post by paracelsus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:09 pm

I tried to record and run a test within Office Excel 2003. The first recorded test ran correctly but the others gave the same proplem.

Application and dialog 'FormMocrosoft_Excel' was not found within the specified timeout of 3000ms.

What's the problem? I dont understand. The main problem is with the ListBox, again and again.

Mr Herger send me a letter, and he suggest me that I try to track the elements with the CTRL+LWin Button combination, but this didn't help for me.

I think that if the first record run, the other will be good, too.

paracelsus

excel form test

Post by paracelsus » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:08 pm

I try to modify the first test, witch run correct, but when I try to track the ListBox Elements, after watch the repository, I dont find these in the repository. So I dont know to refer to these elements in the recording1.vb