Exception on Request Tooltip, while debugging

Bug reports.
vshulman

Exception on Request Tooltip, while debugging

Post by vshulman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:59 pm

Ranorex v. 2.2.0.7423

While stepping through some code, I hovered the mouse over a variable and got the exception (see the bottom of this message).

I hover over any other variable in this function and get the expected result, which is the type and value of the variable. However, every time I "Continue" after the exception and try to hover over that one variable, I get the exception back again.

Here is the code:
IList<ListItem> selections = selector.FindDescendants<ListItem>();
The variable selections gives the grief. When I hover over "Count" in selections.Count, I get the right result; the code works fine, too.

selector is a Ranorex.Combobox.

Probably the only other thing I can tell you is that I am tracing a function in a dll linked by reference (built in a separate solution). Both the main solution and the referenced dll have been rebuilt with v.2.2. I cannot tell whether this problem existed in v.2.1.

Ranorex Studio Version : 2.2.0.7423
.NET Version : 2.0.50727.3603
OS Version : Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Current culture : English (Canada) (en-CA)
Current UI language : en-US
Working Set Memory : 124788kb
GC Heap Memory : 57047kb

Error while requesting tooltip for location (Line 35, Col 32)
Exception thrown:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.GetElementType(IReturnType potentialArrayType)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.AppendReturnType(StringBuilder builder, IReturnType returnType, Boolean forceFullyQualifiedName)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.AppendClassNameWithTypeParameters(StringBuilder builder, IClass c, Boolean fullyQualified, Boolean isConvertingClassName, IList`1 typeArguments)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.AppendReturnType(StringBuilder builder, IReturnType returnType, Boolean forceFullyQualifiedName)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.Convert(IReturnType returnType)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Dom.CSharp.CSharpAmbience.Convert(IField field)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Debugging.DebuggerService.GetText(ResolveResult result, String expression, Boolean& debuggerCanShowValue)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Debugging.DebuggerService.GetToolTipInfo(TextArea textArea, ToolTipRequestEventArgs e)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Debugging.DebuggerTextAreaToolTipProvider.GetToolTipInfo(TextArea textArea, ToolTipRequestEventArgs e)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Debugging.DebuggerService.TextAreaToolTipRequest(Object sender, ToolTipRequestEventArgs e)

---- Recent log messages:
Failed to append recent log messages.
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no elements
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Single[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.LogMessageRecorder.AppendRecentLogMessages(StringBuilder sb, ILog log)
at ICSharpCode.SharpDevelop.Sda.ExceptionBox.getClipboardString()

---- Post-error application state information:
Installed 3rd party AddIns: [RanorexLogViewer 2.2.0.7423], [RxObjectRepository 2.2.0.7423], [RxRecorder 2.2.0.7423], [Workflow Foundation Designer 2.2.0.7423], [ElementTree 2.2.0.7423]
Workbench.ActiveContent: [TextEditorDisplayBindingWrapper q:\RanorexStudio Projects\RanorexHelpers\RanorexHelpers\ComboBoxHelper.cs]
ProjectService.OpenSolution: [Solution: FileName=Q:\RanorexStudio Projects\Encumbrances\Encumbrances.rxsln, HasProjects=True, ReadOnly=False]
ProjectService.CurrentProject: [CSharpProject: CreateEncumbrance]

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Exception on Request Tooltip, while debugging

Post by Support Team » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:12 pm

Thank you for reporting the bug. We will have it fixed in the next maintenance release.

Regards,
Ron
Ranorex Team