Exception when unloading domain

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
smclark

Exception when unloading domain

Post by smclark » Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:31 pm

Hi,

We are using Ranorex 6.1.1 and whenever the test run is completed we get an exception (that is handled by NUnit) stating that an exception was encountered when unloading the domain. I believe I have narrowed this down to a thread that is being run called Ranorex.BackgroundJobQueueWorker-0 ScreenshotWorker.

I believe this thread is still running when NUnit tries to unload the domain and this is causing the exception. I was able to reproduce this by simply calling

Code: Select all

Ranorex.Host.Local.RunApplication("C:\path\to\our\app.exe");
In a single test, this will always cause the NUnit console runner to experience the exception while unloading. I tried looking for a way to abort the screenshot worker thread by disabling reporting amongst other things, but nothing seems to work. This doesn't actually cause the tests to fail but intermittently the NUnit agent will crash and subsequent tests will fail.

Upgrading Ranorex is not an option at this time.

Any help would be appreciated.
Attachments
ScreenshotWorker.png
ScreenshotWorker.png (200.43 KiB) Viewed 983 times

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Exception when unloading domain

Post by odklizec » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:58 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, Ranorex 6.1.1 is a dead horse (not supported anymore) and there is not much anyone here can do or suggest. My only suggestion is to try to reproduce your problem with 9.2.1 (in trial mode). Just to confirm or deny if the problem is 6.1.1 specific. Another thing you might try, is to upgrade Ranorex with the most recent version your license covers. You should be able to install and use any Ranorex version (major and minor), which is within one year of support and maintenance period (one year from the date of purchase). Just check out if 6.1.1 is really the last one you are qualified to get and use.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

smclark

Post by smclark » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:15 am

Hi,

I upgraded my dev machine to 8.2 and the error doesn't show anymore. I will let management know that upgrading will resolve this issue for us.

Thanks.

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:23 am

Hi,

Nice to hear that ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration