Executing scripts on run time machine

Ask general questions here.
ziasim

Executing scripts on run time machine

Post by ziasim » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:36 am

Hi,

I want to execute scripts on different machine having run time environment configured. For execution I know I need to put these items in same folder on run time machine

- *.exe file
- *.rxtst file
- bin folder from Ranorex installation
- Valid run time license (copied from %AllUsers% folder from machine having premium license)

Now the question is

If I start script execution using *.exe file, it works well but If I try to execute scripts using *.rxtst file then License evaluation window pops up although license file is in same folder.

Is it expected behavior or could be an issue?

The reason I asked this question is I am interested to run my scripts using *.rxtst file because I want flexibility to select test cases to run before start of actual execution.

Regards,
Zahid

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Executing scripts on run time machine

Post by odklizec » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:19 am

Hi Zahid,

The license you copied from the machine with Premium license is floating or node locked?

If node locked, then you can't simply copy the license file to another machine! You must unregister it first and then register it on another computer.

If your Premium license is floating (and you have only one floating license available), you need to make sure there is no other Ranorex Studio running while starting the test/test suite runner on other machine!

You see, with floating license, you can run Ranorex Studio or Ranorex test on any machine you want as long as there there is no other Ranorex Studio/standalone running at the same time! For running tests (either using command line or test suite runner), it's better to use Ranorex Runtime license, so your Studio license will not be locked while the test is running on another computer.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

ziasim

Post by ziasim » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:32 pm

Hi,

Thanks for prompt reply.

I solved my issue after configuring run time license on run time machine as we have 10 of them :)

But still I am interested to know why I am getting evaluation license warning whereas we have 5 premium licenses and at the moment I started my test on run time machine, 3 of the premium licenses are still available to use?

I even tried with shutting down Ranorex studio on production machine but it have no impact on run time machine, still getting license warning.

Cheers,

Zahid

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello Zahid,

Maybe it is better analyzing the issue during a remote session. May I ask you to send an email to [email protected]. We'd be happy to schedule a remote session in order to help solving the issue.

Regards,
Bernhard