Execution of .EXE File

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
dal

Execution of .EXE File

Post by dal » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:43 am

Hi,

I have some basic questions on <Project Name>.Exe file located under \<Project Name>\obj\x86\Debug

1. Is this file getting created while compiling the Solution?
2. Can I execute this EXE in the machine doesn't have Ranorex installed? If so, any other file I need to place along with this EXE?
3. Can I execute this EXE alone (i.e. I mean having only the EXE file, removing all other files) in the machine does have Ranorex installed?

Regards,
Dal....

sdaly

Re: Execution of .EXE File

Post by sdaly » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:26 pm

dal wrote:Hi,

1. Is this file getting created while compiling the Solution?
Yes.
dal wrote:2. Can I execute this EXE in the machine doesn't have Ranorex installed? If so, any other file I need to place along with this EXE?
Yes you can as long as the Ranorex DLL's are present on the machine and there is a valid Ranorex Runtime licence.
dal wrote:3. Can I execute this EXE alone (i.e. I mean having only the EXE file, removing all other files) in the machine does have Ranorex installed?
If your tests don't need any other files then yes you can execute the exe alone [as long as there is a Ranorex Runtime licence on the machine]

Ciege

Re: Execution of .EXE File

Post by Ciege » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:01 pm

Keep in mind that if your project is referencing any other DLLs, then those DLLs may need to be present on the other machine running the tests as well...
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...