Expected image and Searched image use diff image type

Bug reports.
nice_guy

Expected image and Searched image use diff image type

Post by nice_guy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:06 am

When checking ranorex report, I found the Expected Image and Searched Image use different file type, Expected image is jpg, and Searched Image is png. it will cause false alarm when doing the comparison.

if possible could we use same image type for expected and searched image? it is a good choice to use png since png quality is better than jpg.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Expected image and Searched image use diff image type

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:17 am

Hi nice_guy,

Thank you for the bug report!

You should be happy to hear that Ranorex does use png for the expected image within your repository. However, to save space in the report, this image is converted to a jpg. If you want to save a copy of the expected image within your repository, try this:
  • [Optional] Click your image validation step which will highlight the corresponding repository object
  • Right click the image in your repository and chose "Save Screenshot". Notice the defaulted format is png:
  • save.png
You may also notice that if you try to import a local image to the validation step from the properties view, the only allowed formats are png or bmp. If you are not sure how to manually load an image, try the below:
  • Right click your image validation step and go to properties
  • In the properties pane, click on the "Image Validation" category
  • You should see a button labeled [...] to the right of the "Image Validation" text, click it
  • This will open the editor; using the top right icon in the editor will allow you to use an image from a file
  • save2.png

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Jon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

nice_guy

Post by nice_guy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:11 am

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your timely reply!

you may misunderstand what I mean, when I check ranorex report, toggle between Expected image and Searched Image to see what is the difference , I notice except the real changes there are also some differences caused by the Inconsistent image type of Expected and Searched image.
as you know, different image type may give different visual effects even though the content are same. so I report it as bug.

Thanks,
nice_guy

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:28 am

Hi nice_guy,

Thank you for the clarification!

I have entered your request into our system so that it may be reviewed by our team. At this time I do not have any further information on when or if this change will be implemented. Be sure keep an eye out for release notes with all subsequent Ranorex versions.

Thank you for the report!

Regards,

Jon

nice_guy

Post by nice_guy » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:37 am

Dear Jon,

Thanks for your replying! I will keep an eye on the release notes for this issue.

Sincerely,
nice_guy