Experimental Java AWT PlugIn Issues

Bug reports.
Ciege
Ranorex Guru

Experimental Java AWT PlugIn Issues

Post by Ciege » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:01 am

So I downloaded the new experimental Java AWT plug in and found that it does not seem to "see" many of the more "difficult" elements in a 3rd party web application that our product ties into.

Many of the elements are seen but a large swath of the controls report as unknown and I also see a lot of RED param errors in Spy.

I have attached the Spy snapshot for your perusal and a screenshot for you to take a look as well.
Attachments
Java PlugIn Snapshot.zip
(130.09 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Java PlugIn.png
Java PlugIn.png (139.67 KiB) Viewed 1333 times
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Experimental Java AWT PlugIn Issues

Post by Support Team » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 pm

Hi,

it looks like the codetype="application/java" attribute is missing in the object tag in your html file.
This codetype="application/java" attribute is used by Ranorex to recognize a element as java applet.
So you have to set this attribute by editing your html file.

Kind regards,
Tobias
Support Team

UPDATE:
We've just updated the Java Plug-In.
If you download the new version of the Plug-In you should be able to automate your java application without the workaround mentioned above.

Ciege
Ranorex Guru

Re: Experimental Java AWT PlugIn Issues

Post by Ciege » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Excellent! That new build of the PlugIn seemed to have taken care of the issue.
Glad you guys were able to make the fix, since as I said in the initial post this is a 3rd party application (not owned or developed by us) that our application ties into. Thus we have no ability to modify the html of that application.

Regardless, I am past step 1 of a high level test checking that Ranorex is able to see random elements throughout that Java app.

Yet again, your attention to solving your customer's issues is stellar! Please don't ever stop the amazing support that you guys provide!

Thanks again.
If this or any response has helped you, please reply to the thread stating that it worked so other people with a similar issue will know how you fixed your issue!

Ciege...