Exporting results in the same TestRail while using parallel tests

Ask general questions here.
JFL

Exporting results in the same TestRail while using parallel tests

Post by JFL » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:15 pm

Hi,

My tests are running on GitLab in parallel. Right now, I have two batch of test running at the same time and I want them to put the results both in the same Test run on Test Rail. Everytime, the Ranorex test are running I am expecting a new test run created in Test Rail and expecting the two tests batch to put their results in the same test run.

I do not have any problems for creating the test run on Test Rail but it will creates two different tests run everytime because I only specify the name of the test run. I know I need to specify the ID in order to put the result in the same test run.

However, since I create a new test run in Test Rail every time that my Ranorex tests are ran and that my Ranorex tests are running in the same very time. how I can I retrieve the ID of that test run and make the results go in the same test run and avoiding to have two created every time that my tests are ran.

Thank you

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Exporting results in the same TestRail while using parallel tests

Post by odklizec » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 am

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm not using TestRail so I don't know much about it. However, if the test is started multiple times (no matter they are started at the same time), each instance of test is separated from the other ones. And as far as I know, there is currently no way to merge reports/results from multiple sources. You can create a feature request here: https://uservoice.ranorex.com/forums/15 ... ve-ranorex
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

JFL

Re: Exporting results in the same TestRail while using parallel tests

Post by JFL » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:37 pm

Actually I find a way to accomplished the task. Since our Ranorex tests runs in parallel on the build system. I created a step via the API of Test Rail to create a test run on my project and I retrieve that ID from that test run and pass it over to my ranorextests.exe in the -trrunid= and it works ! :) So both of my tests in parallel are updaing the proper test run !