Extra information

Class library usage, coding and language questions.
arishahsan

Extra information

Post by arishahsan » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:17 am

I have a software and there are few GUI Objects which are not detectable by ranorex spy i.e. I am not getting any detail (control name , control id,class name, element name) about those GUI objects. So could you suggest me how can I solve this problem using Rnaorex.

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:57 pm

Ranorex uses both windows api functions and accessibility to detect controls and elements of an application. This approach works with every Microsoft control and with every custom control if the developer uses the base controls from Microsoft or if it supports accessibility. If you cannot identify some GUI objects with RanorexSpy, then you can ask the manufacturer for accessibility support.

If you send us a simple application with a custom control, we will analyse it and inform you about the possibilities.

Jenö
Ranorex Team

arishahsan

Actually we are uisng Actipro

Post by arishahsan » Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:24 am

I have a software in .NET which is using Actipro to
draw Menu Items(Like File,Edit,ToolBar etc).
Now since we have to test the software
we need some controls(like Control Name) of those actipro
menu items which can be used to identify the menu contents.
But we are not getting any control of these menu Items using
Ranorex Spy.so could you please suggest me what can be
done to solve this problem.

webops
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webops » Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:52 pm

I analysed the Actipro Bar Control with windows api functions and COM objects.
The control has no standard child windows and doesn't support accessibility, you cannot find the menu items from an other process (e.g. test application with Ranorex). It's a .NET control, the properties can be reached with the RanorexPro proxy class, but i think there is no way to access the elements (menu items) of the control.

I think the control doesn't support an easy way for automated testing, you can only do the following at the moment:

Use the menu shortcuts with the Application.SendKeys function, SendKeys("%fo") sends an ALT + F + O for File->Open.
Use the Mouse.ClickControl(Control, ButtonType, Location) functions (Location is relative to the upper-left corner of the control).

Jenö
Ranorex Team