Extreme slowness using GIT with Ranorex

Ask general questions here.
auto_user

Extreme slowness using GIT with Ranorex

Post by auto_user » Thu May 30, 2019 3:08 pm

Hello,
Is anyone else using GIT with Ranorex? After doing any GIT actions (commit, pull, or push) my Ranorex usually hangs for close to 60 seconds before I can proceed. Is there anything I can do to help make it smoother? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

N612

Re: Extreme slowness using GIT with Ranorex

Post by N612 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi auto_user,

I do not have any issues with Ranorex and Git and I know a lot of other users use git with Ranorex. Are you pushing to a remote repository? I suspect this is a network speed issue.

To help narrow the issue down, try using git outside of Ranorex studio and see if the issue persists. You can either use git's command line interface, or use another third-party git client.

Note, you do not need to use the Ranorex/Git integration and if you are still experiencing issues with it, you can either not use the integration and use a git outside of Studio, or contact Ranorex Support to further investigate this issue in your environment. The integration is nice, but really only saves you a couple of clicks and prevents you from needing an extra window opened.

Hope this helps!