FarPoint Controls

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
jlowder

FarPoint Controls

Post by jlowder » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:15 pm

It would appear that QTP 11.0 has provided a patch for interaction with FarPoint Controls.

Is there ANY chance that you guys will be doing something similar soon? Otherwise I'm going to be forced to switch to QTP (I hate, no I HATE VBScript) to develop half of my automation.

Thanks,

Jason

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FarPoint Controls

Post by Support Team » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Hi,
jlowder wrote:Is there ANY chance that you guys will be doing something similar soon? Otherwise I'm going to be forced to switch to QTP (I hate, no I HATE VBScript) to develop half of my automation.
Would it be possible to post us a Ranorex Snapshot of this control?
Creating a Snapshot

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jlowder

Post by jlowder » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:13 pm

Here you go.

Thanks,

Jason
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi,

It seems, that FarPoint provides no accessibility to its controls. I think HP designed an own plugin to get the elements from this control. I've added a feature request to improve the accessibility of FarPoint Spreadsheets. Currently you could use the GDI Plugin to get the elements from your spreadsheet.
http://www.ranorex.com/support/user-gui ... tions.html

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jlowder

Post by jlowder » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:53 pm

Thanks for adding the feature enhancement request. The GDI capture list was of no help however. Unfortunately it still sees nothing of value.

Jason

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 am

jlowder wrote:The GDI capture list was of no help however. Unfortunately it still sees nothing of value.
Sorry, to point you to GDI was my mistake, this Plugin only supports Native Applications and no WinForms applications. Another possible solution would be to use the InvokeRemotely method to get the elements of your grid. But this feature you can only use in code. This means you have no recorder support for it. For further information about InvokeRemotely see following blog http://www.ranorex.com/blog/transfering ... et-control

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jlowder

Post by jlowder » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:11 pm

Hi Peter,

All of my automation is written in Visual Studio anyway, so that's not a problem. Although given I only see a "spread control" from the spy I'm not which controls to try to access. I can guess, but we don't have access to the source code for this software (it's a third party development effort).

Our recent purchase came with a support contract, although I'm not sure how to go about using it. Is this something you guys can assist in setting up and if so how do I go about accessing the support?

Thanks,

Jason

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:24 am

Hi,
jlowder wrote:Our recent purchase came with a support contract, although I'm not sure how to go about using it. Is this something you guys can assist in setting up and if so how do I go about accessing the support?
Sorry but we cannot help without knowing your internal Software Structure. But I would recommend to ask your developers how they implement the FarPoint Controls. The should be able to help you with the Invoke too, because they should know the internal structure of your Software.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Team

jlowder

Post by jlowder » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:04 pm

Hi Peter,

Could you tell me how this feature enhancement request works with Ranorex and what time frame we're looking at or what the odds are of it even being implemented?

QTP is driving me nuts. It's sees the object once, doesn't the next time. On and on...

Thanks,

Jason

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:51 pm

Hi,

As Peter mentioned there is at the moment just the possibility to use invoke remotely to interact with your application.
We have added a feature request, that means that we will internally discuss when and if this feature will be implemented. At the moment your are the first one who reported this issue and there are lot of other things on our feature list, so we cannot guarantee that there will be a quick fix for it.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team