Feature Request: Autosave repository variables

Bug reports.
csqepaul

Feature Request: Autosave repository variables

Post by csqepaul » Thu May 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I have test suites that have a number of test cases in them that cause the test suites to take 10+ minutes to run to completion. Each test case generates data that is used in the following test case(s). The data is currently being stored in repository variables. If one of the test cases fails, I have to completely re-run the test suite (not very efficient if the test case that fails is the last one in the suite :cry: ). It would be great if Ranorex would automatically save the values of the repository variables to an extenal file when the test fails or I abort the test run. Then when I select the test cases I want to run again, Ranorex would read the file and populate the repository variables so that the test suite would continue as if I had started it from the beginning. This feature would also be great for speeding up the debug process for a failed test case :D . The repository variables could also be flagged in the UI for saving or not.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Autosave repository variables

Post by Support Team » Tue May 21, 2013 4:54 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your feature request.
I have forwarded it to our internal system in order to discuss a future implementation.

Regards,
Markus (T)