Feature Request - Global Parameter Profiles

Bug reports.
s.magill

Feature Request - Global Parameter Profiles

Post by s.magill » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Hi,

Would it be possible to add "Profiles" for global parameters (Moreso their values). How our tests work is that we have a range of different cameras, each of these cameras will have different settings available in the software.. what we currently have to do is change each of the values for relevant parameters when we want to run a new camera through regression.

For example, one of the global parameters is "Megapixel", depending on the value assigned to it will alter steps taken in certain tests.

In an ideal world it would be great if we could set up a profile for each camera, much like the "Run configuration" profiles so that it would load the pre-set values with a simple selection from a drop down menu. Maybe not possible to implement, but would be a great help for our regression runs.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - Global Parameter Profiles

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:33 pm

Hello,

In order to raise and discuss your feature request may I ask you to send it to [email protected]? We want to handle feature request via email in order to avoid misunderstandings.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Robert

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:48 pm

Robert, the forum description under "Bug Reports" still has "Bug reports and feature requests." You guys might want to change that. Possibly also add a sticky post about feature requests needing to be done via email.

s.magill,
You can use the command-line to adjust parameters at run-time. Just add the switch: "/param:<Name of parameter exactly as it is in test>=<Value>".
I drive my tests through Jenkins by having Jenkins pass in certain parameters depending on the situation. This could work for you guys, just have a different configuration in Jenkins (or whatever CI solution you guys use) for each camera and have Jenkins pass that when it starts the test.
Shortcuts usually aren't...

s.magill

Post by s.magill » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:04 pm

Yeah I just saw the feature request in the description to the subforum. Will send it through email now.

Krstsc, Yeah I had started looking this morning at dynamically adjusting the parameters at the start of the test run with a bit of user code (As I can grab the connected camera when the software is starting up). Wasn't aware they could be adjusted via commandline, will certainly look into that.. could well be exactly what I need.

Thank you

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:13 pm

krstcs wrote:Robert, the forum description under "Bug Reports" still has "Bug reports and feature requests." You guys might want to change that. Possibly also add a sticky post about feature requests needing to be done via email.
Thank you for the hint.

Regards,
Robert

krstcs

Post by krstcs » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Both of you are very welcome.
Shortcuts usually aren't...