feature request: Play To Here action

Bug reports.
odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

feature request: Play To Here action

Post by odklizec » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Hi folks,

New here ;) I'm just evaluation Ranorex and if I didn't miss something, there is currently no way to run the recorded test case up to a certain (selected) line? I mean without the need to select multiple recorded lines and using "Play Selected Item/s" action (or setting a breakpoint in code). Nothing against "Play Selected Item/s" action. I just think it would be faster to select a line up to where I would like to run the test case and run the playback up to that point (by Play To Here action).

Here are my reasons. After recording some steps, I would like to stop the playback at certain point/s where I would like to add some validation points. But before adding new validation points, I would like to see the scenario working (up to the line where I wish to add the Validation).

At the moment, I'm forced to manually select multiple scenario steps and use the "Play Selected Item/s" action. I think "Play To Here" action would be very handy and faster to use than current Play Selected Item/s workaround? Thanks for listening ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

zator

Re: feature request: Play To Here action

Post by zator » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:50 pm

I think that you should join this discussion:
http://www.ranorex.com/forum/fr-breakpo ... t3665.html

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Post by odklizec » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:06 pm

Hi zator, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I read that discussion and I sort of agree with that request too. I just think my request would be a bit easier to implement than breakpoints in Record table. My request requires just one additional menu item and to remember the selected recorded line where the automation should stop ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:06 am

Hi,

Thanks for the good idea, we already added it to our internal feature request list.
The ideas from the other posting are also quite good and useful and we will discuss if we will add some kind of a break point or a possibility to pause/continue the execution of the recordings.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team