Field Validation

Mobile Testing, Android App Testing.
StephenMulryan

Field Validation

Post by StephenMulryan » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,
My team recently upgraded from Ranorex 5.4 to Ranorex 6.1. The performance improvement is brilliant but we noticed some tests are now failing that used to pass. Upon investigation we realised that fields were not being set.

We are using MobileUiElement.Element.SetAttributeValue("text", value) to set these fields. There is validation in place on these fields to ensure that the character count is below a certain number, in one case below 20 characters. Using Ranorex 5.4 the method above was able to set the number of characters on this field despite the validation. Now it cannot.

Is there a way of setting the value without the validation preventing it?

Thanks,
Stephen

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Field Validation

Post by Support Team » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:21 pm

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your feedback concerning the performance :)

Regarding your issue,
I'm afraid I would need more information about your current system (mobile OS, connection type, application technology, etc).

Please also let me know if you are allowed to share the application itself with us. This would allow us to analyze the behavior directly on our system.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Markus (S)

StephenMulryan

Post by StephenMulryan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:50 pm

Hi,
We use Ranorex to Automate tests on Android and iOS connected through usb. I am not sure what you mean by "application technology", could you elaborate?

I'm afraid it would not be allowed to share the application with you at this time.

Also on Android there is an issue with the use of MobileElement.PressKeys();
What is the correct syntax to use in order to get alphabetical characters to keep their casing?

Thanks,
Stephen

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:11 am

Hi Stephen,

With application technology I meant if the app is a cross platform application or a web based application.

You can also get in touch with us by email([email protected]) if you are not allowed to post the application in this public forum.

Concerning the PressKeys() method,
I'm unfortunately not exactly sure what you mean. May I ask you if you could rephrase your question? Please also post a short sample which shows your intention in more detail.

Thank you.

Regards,
Markus (S)