Firefox Ranorex Add-on

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
cnause

Firefox Ranorex Add-on

Post by cnause » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:36 pm

I installed Ranorex Agent on a VM in order to have the possibility to carry out web application tests on this machine without RanorexStudio installed. The Ranorex chrome extension is available in the chrome web store and I could install it without problems. I'm wondering how to install the Ranorex Firefox add-on. It is not listed on addons.mozilla.org. In your user guide I just find the description using the instrumentation wizard, which is not feasible in my case without a RanorexStudio installation on the VM. Could you give me a hint how to proceed?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Firefox Ranorex Add-on

Post by odklizec » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:19 am

Hi,

You can find the Firefox extension in Ranorex installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ranorex\Ranorex Firefox Extension or similar). Then simply copy and install the extension on target VM manually (by dragging&droppping the xpi file to FF window).

To be quite honest, I would personally suggest to install Ranorex Studio on VM, even thought you are not planning to use it there. It will not consume your studio license (if not in use) and you may find it useful in cases of problems with test suite, which would require debug on target VM. Additionally, by installing whole Ranorex, you will assure that there are installed all libs and runtimes, required by Ranorex.
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration