Firing Dev Express Events

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
atom

Firing Dev Express Events

Post by atom » Mon May 31, 2010 6:19 pm

Hiya

Question to people using Dev Express, and Remote Invoke
I have a form containing two Xtra Grids, when an operation is performed in Grid1, then Grid2 gets updated
However to perform the operation in Grid1, the test uses Remote Invoke, and runs my own bit of code
How then to get Grid2 to update?

One way i though of was to raise an event in my code, but this means knowing what event the developer used to get Grid2 to update... is there any other way?

Thanks

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Firing Dev Express Events

Post by Support Team » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:38 pm

Hi,

I think it depends on the event handler which is used by the developer. If the developer used a "ValueChangeEventHandler", there shouldn't be a problem, because the grid will be updated after some value changes. But if the developer use a "MouseEventHandler", then nothing will happen when you only change some values, because no mouse event is recognized by the control. If a "MouseEventHandler" is used, you should trigger a mouse event after you execute your InvokeRemotely.

Regards,
Peter
Ranorex Support Team

atom

Re: Firing Dev Express Events

Post by atom » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Thanks, got to bottom of it
I used ColumnView.SelectRow, and developer put his code behind FocusRowChange event, rather than selection changed event.