First time test case and samples

Ask general questions here.
russ

First time test case and samples

Post by russ » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi,

Just downloaded Ranorex and having issues running a created (recorded). After I have recorded and attempt to play it back I get an error looking for the .exe file of the test I have just recorded saying it can't find it. Go to the bin folder of the test and it's not there. So, does Ranorex not create this file when the test is created? If not, how do I get this file? ((Compile Error:Metadata file 'C:\xxxx\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\MyTest4\MyTest4\bin\Debug\MyTest4.exe' could not be found)

I tried replaying a recording of a sample desktop and got another error looking for a file from that test. (Compile Error:Metadata file 'C:\XXX\XXX\Documents\Ranorex\RanorexStudio Projects\Samples\KeePassTestSuite_1\KeePassTestSuite\bin\Debug\KeePassTestSuite.exe' could not be found.

Thanks in advance

Russ

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: First time test case and samples

Post by odklizec » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:49 am

Hi,

It sounds like an antivirus issue? Could you please check with your IT that antivirus does not interfere with Ranorex? Antiviruses often consider Ranorex activity suspicious and block creation of exe files, produced by Ranorex. So you will either have to add Ranorex to the antivirus whitelist or disable/change antivirus ;)
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

russ

Post by russ » Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:01 pm

Yeah I checked with our IT after I couldn't create the .exe files. We are using traps and Windows Defender. As with other tools I have used that create exe files, they shouldn't really interfere as the tool is not getting blocked.

Thanks for the suggestion

russ

Post by russ » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:17 pm

Found out the issue from talking to support. It was the version of the dot net framework I had installed. Had to install this to get it to work :D

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/t ... loper-pack