Flash/Flex Multiline Buttons

Best practices, code snippets for common functionality, examples, and guidelines.
wjkipp

Flash/Flex Multiline Buttons

Post by wjkipp » Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Currently I have a navigation buttons in FlashFlex
The Navigation Panel buttons sometimes use Multiline text
I am passing a variable into the button text used to click it
??/list@id='navmenuTL']/?/?/text@text~$VarNavMenu]

This button when multiline Shows up in object spy as Gift\nTest , since there are multiple buttons with the first line that states Gift it needs to read the both lines.
I am passing the Variable in as Gift\nTest and it is not finding the object. It does work with single like.

I have tried
Gift\\nTest
Gift\\rTest
Gift\nTest
Gift\rTest
Gift@\nTest

I am reading this from a simple data table any help will be appreciated

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flash/Flex Multiline Buttons

Post by Support Team » Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Hello,

I have responded to your support query but for the benefit of anyone else experiencing this issue, I will post here as well.

Buttons with multiple lines often contain a hidden CLRF ASCII code which can sometimes be problematic when editing your Rxpath. To Explain this further I have included a screenshot of an example program with a button containing two lines of text.

Here we can see MyButton that is being identified using the ControlName=button1, I can also use the Text and ControlText attribute in my Rxpath to identify this element.
1234.png
Since this is a button containing two lines both the Text and ControlText will most likely contain a hidden CLRF.
With this information, I recommend inspecting your element with Spy then copying the value you want to use from the attribute list in Spy and pasting that into the Rxpath. Doing this will ensure you copy any hidden CLRF characters as well.
34123123.png
Lastly, the same result can be achieved by navigating to the Path Editor in Spy and selecting the value in the dropdown on the appropriate attribute which in this example is Text.
awdawdawda.png
I hope this information helps!

Regards,
Sean Perrotta
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

wjkipp

Post by wjkipp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:58 pm

Hi Everyone the other important thing is to make sure the match = and not a softmatch.
that is where I had my issue

wjkipp

Post by wjkipp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Everyone the other important thing is to make sure the match = and not a softmatch.
that is where I had my issue