Flash object / Iframe record and play

Bug reports.
Rushang

Flash object / Iframe record and play

Post by Rushang » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:00 pm

I have created test suite . I done the test recording and played the recording. The automation record and play suite is not showing the flash object identification and not working when I do anything with flash within the web page. Please help. Ideas? suggestions?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: Flash object / Iframe record and play

Post by odklizec » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:56 am

Hi,

I'm afraid, there is not enough info in your post, to provide a reasonable answer. Please answer these questions...
Ranorex version (latest is 8.1.2, anything below 8.1 is too old and no longer supported).
Web browser name and version (Chrome, IE, FF,...)?
Are you sure the web browser is correctly instrumented to work with Flash (examine Ranorex instrumentation wizard)?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

Rushang

Post by Rushang » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:41 am

I have not correctly instrumented to work with Flash (examine Ranorex instrumentation wizard). But I am trying to do that and its showing 404 error.
Please see the attachement
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Hi Rushang,

I have duplicated this issue and have since escalated it to our developers to investigate. It appears the remote server's URL has changed. Once I get more information on this, I will be sure to update this forum post. Currently, we do not know if and when this issue will be fixed as this depends on various factors.

Depending on your specific environment, you may not even be able to use the Ranorex Instrumentation Wizard which uses the Preloader method to instrument your Flash application. Due to most modern browsers dropping support for Flash, instrumenting the Flash application via the Automation Lib or Module is the best and most reliable method at this time.

If you continue to experience issues with automating Flash after successfully instrumenting the Flash application, please provide a Ranorex Snapshot of the application and we will be more than happy to further assist you.

Also (unrelated), it appears your machine's DPI is not at 100% as many of the buttons/text in Ranorex are not sized correctly. You may encounter automation issues if you do not set your DPI to 100% on this machine as anything other than 100% can throw off the location of an object.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Ned