Flex Applications - exists method

Ask general questions here.
erman

Flex Applications - exists method

Post by erman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi,

I am having problems using any of the Ranorex exists (ValidateExists, element.exists) on elements within a Flex application. Ranorex is finding an element behind the loaded browser page, if though it cannot be seen.

For example, after logging into to the Flex application, if I go to the repository and click' highlight' element for the login screen element, the login page will be pulled to the foreground, thus 'object exist'.

I have tried using 'visible' also, which always returns visible!

Has anyone had similar problems within your Flex application? If so, any tips on how to deal with this type of issue would be a big help!

Thanks,
Eric

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flex Applications - exists method

Post by Support Team » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,

Please send us a Ranorex Snapshot file of your flex application and maybe you can also illustrate the problem with some pictures?
Following link will show you how to generate a snapshot file:
Creating Ranorex Snapshot Files

That an element is pulled in foreground after you clicked on "Highlight Element", in the context menu of the repo item, is the normal behavior.
If you just want to highlight visible elements you have to click on the "Highlight Selected Repository Item" button in the repository.
Highlight.jpg
What do you exactly mean with "Ranorex is finding an element behind the loaded browser page, if though it cannot be seen"?
If the element exists Ranorex will find it although it is in the background because that won't mean that it doesn't exist, it exists but is just not visible.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

erman

Post by erman » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi,

I am sending the snapshot files to the support email, along with detailed steps of the issue with 'visible'.

Thanks,
Eric

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi,

Thanks, we will analyze them and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team

Dyshar

Post by Dyshar » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:03 pm

hello,
i did
action: validate - attributeEqual- with matchname set to visible and matchvalue = false or true to validate if it is visible or no.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Support Team » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Hi,

I am afraid I didn't get the problem :oops:, do you have any problems with that?

Regards,
Markus
Ranorex Support Team