Freeze when clicking on a tree view object

Ranorex Studio, Spy, Recorder, and Driver.
aherking

Freeze when clicking on a tree view object

Post by aherking » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:36 pm

Hi,
I am using Ranorex 2.1.1 (Evaluation Copy) and try to automate our .NET application.
Starting and logging in runs perfect but when clicking on a tree view Ranorex freezes and I have to kill Ranorex using the Task Manager.
Before killing I am able to move the cursor without the red dot and work with my application as normal. The only thing is I cannot access Ranorex any more.
The CPU time is about 18% for Ranorex.

Any idea what is going on?

Regards
Alexander

System Information
- Windows XP Professional SP3 German
- .NET 3.5 incl. Language Pack German
- Intel Core Duo 2 CPU
- P8400 @ 2.26GHz
- 2.0 GB RAM

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Freeze when clicking on a tree view object

Post by Support Team » Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Is this quite a large treeview? It might take a while to construct an RxPath for the element you spy with Ranorex Spy.

What kind of TreeView control is that, is it a 3rd party or a user-drawn control ? Could you give us some more information about that control, e.g. its type?
Did you try navigating to the corresponding element in the element tree in Ranorex Spy instead of using the tracking?
When the Ranorex Spy freezes, you said Ranorex consumes 18% of the CPU time. Does the spied application consume CPU time as well?

Please, also try to upgrade to the latest Ranorex version 2.1.2!

Regards,
Alex
Ranorex Support Team

aherking

Re: Freeze when clicking on a tree view object

Post by aherking » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Hi,

it is a tree with 5 main items and all in all 175 sub items in different levels.
Ranorex Spy does recognize the tree viw without any problems downto item level - in both, element tree and tracking.
I got the problems with Ranorex Studio when recording.

Treeview control:
DotNetBar from DevComponents

Today I tried again and waited up to 25 minutes but the behaviour was the same - freeze of Ranorex Recorder. I Process Explorer I saw that even Ranorex and our application were using CPU time:
- Ranorex Studio up to 20%
- our application up to 25%

I'll download Ranorex 2.1.2 and try again.

--- 09-07-13
Even with Ranorex 2.1.2 this behaviour occurs.
I developed a Ranorex C#-script to execute the same steps (Click on treeview, expand one item). This works fine.

Regards
Alexander