Gathering Data from a Silverlight Grid

Ask general questions here.
djTXST

Gathering Data from a Silverlight Grid

Post by djTXST » Thu May 15, 2014 9:19 pm

I'm a Ranorex noob testing out Ranorex to see if it fits our needs and I'm trying to gather all data from a Silverlight Table for verification. I need some help with the user code to do such a thing. I've attached a snapshot of the table I am trying to gather from. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Support Team
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gathering Data from a Silverlight Grid

Post by Support Team » Mon May 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Hi djTXST,

Thank you for the attached snapshot.
Unfortunately it seems that your development department has forgotten to implement the UIAutomation for the custom controls which are stored in the DataGrid. So it is not possible to get the information out of the elements.

I’ve made a little sample. When you compare the 2 following screenshots you can see that my DataGrid contains “Text Elements” and your DataGrid contains “Unknown Elements”.
Spy.jpg
Spycstm.jpg
My datagrid looks like the following:
Grid.jpg
After the UIAutomation has been implemented correctly, you can use the Find()-Method to extract your information.

More information about the Find()-Method can be found in our User Guide by following this link
This method is also described in our API-documentation

Regards,
Markus (S)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.