GDI children not recognized

Technology specific object identification, supported applications, web technologies, and 3rd party controls.
The_Pope

GDI children not recognized

Post by The_Pope » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:08 am

Hi,

Background:
I am testing an application that uses GDI. I have declared the class "ATSCREEN2K2" to be recognized on the GDI capture list

Issue:
I have an ATSCREEN2K2 element that does not expand into any children. I have typed some information on the interface (so as to activate the children elements) but the elements do not show as children. When I Spy on another ATSCREEN2K2 element, the children elements are denoted accordingly (RawText & RawImage). The ATSCREEN2K2 in question is part of the 'system admin' area of my application. Could the issue be due to some type of security on the form/screen?

odklizec
Ranorex Guru
Ranorex Guru

Re: GDI children not recognized

Post by odklizec » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:26 am

Hi,

Any chance you can post a Ranorex snapshot of the problematic element? I'm afraid, it's pretty hard to tell what's wrong without seeing at least snapshot, but I strongly suspect that in this particular case, access to the AUT (at least a small sample app) would be required as well.

BTW, are you running Ranorex/Spy with admin privileges?
Pavel Kudrys
Ranorex explorer at Descartes Systems

Please add these details to your questions:
  • Ranorex Snapshot. Learn how to create one >here<
  • Ranorex xPath of problematic element(s)
  • Ranorex version
  • OS version
  • HW configuration

SteveBeck

Re: GDI children not recognized

Post by SteveBeck » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:13 am

I have been having similar issues (our older W10 machines display the same symptoms, but our new ones work fine), and according to a Ranorex Rep this is now a confirmed Bug that GDI is not working correctly on some Machines. They also said this is being addressed in 7.1.1 which should be coming in the next few weeks.